Route walked

Route walked
Yucatan to Belize coast

Buy the Mile: Donations and Sponsorships:

Buy the Mile:  Donations and Sponsorships:

Hiking the Yucatan coastline, Richard Bailey and Wendy Morrill

Hiking the Yucatan coastline, Richard Bailey and Wendy Morrill
Year 2007, PaaMul to Tulum

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Survivor and the Bag Lady

Whenever we are hiking along the Mayan coast, my Dad always says I look like I should be on the tv show Survivor!

After about 4 days of hiking, carrying around my backpack and everything I own wherever we go, I feel like I am a bag lady. Especially when I need my scarf around my shoulders/neck because of the sun, my Tshirt under my backpack straps because they hurt my sunburn, and my camera pack around my waist, my backpack on my back, my sunglasses around my neck, and sometimes my sandals in each hand, depending on if there is sand, rocks, sand, rocks etc! (If I wear my Tevas sandals when we are hiking on rocks, then leave them on when walking in the sand and water, sometimes I can get blisters that way--when they are wet, slippery and have tiny rocks in them). It just depends on the terrain for that day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Influential Adventure Books

  • Embarking on the Mariposa Trail by Mari Pintkowski
  • Tourist in the Yucatan by James McNay Brumfield
  • Facing the Congo by Jeffrey Tayler
  • Jungle: A Harrowing True Story of Survival by Yossi Ghinsberg
  • World Walk by Steven Newman
  • Paddle to the Amazon by Don Starkell